Ministry of Religion Temporarily Closes Hajj and Umrah Registration Application

There will be no acceptance of new Umrah and Hajj registrants.

The Ministry of Religion (Kemenag) will temporarily close the Umrah registration service in the application of the Computerized Management System for Integrated Umrah and Special Hajj (Siskopatuh). Closing is done starting Thursday, March 12, 2020.”Our Siskopatuh is temporarily closed. This is done following the policy of the Saudi Arabian government to temporarily stop the pilgrimage,” said Director of Bina Umrah and Special Hajj Arfi Hatim, in his official statement, Wednesday 11 March 2020.

According to Arfi, the Ministry of Religion has issued a notification letter, which is addressed to the Head of Umrah Worship Travel Organizers (PPIU), the Receiving Bank for Depositing Umrah Worship Service Fees, and Umrah Worship Travel Insurance Companies.”As long as it is temporarily closed, it does not accept new registrants,” he said.The policy, Arfi added, was taken because there was no certainty that the suspension of the temporary suspension of access to Saudi Arabia would be revoked.Arfi also asked PPIU to reschedule the departure for pilgrims who had registered.

1 of 5 pages

Cancellation of Umrah

If there is a cancellation of the Z. Head of Umrah and Hajj Special Monitoring and Supervision Section .The Head of Umrah Monitoring Division, Noer Aliya Fitra, said that there were 2,393 Indonesian pilgrims who were delayed due to Saudi policies issued on 27 February 2020. They were from 75 PPIUs, which were transported by eight airlines.

Beyond that, a total of 1,685 pilgrims were detained in a third country at the time of transit and have now been returned home by the airline according to the contract.”While the congregation that has been recorded in full the cost of organizing Umrah in Siskopatuh as of March 4, 2020 is 32,994 worshipers,” said the man who was called Nafit.”They were originally scheduled to depart in the span of 28 February to 31 May 2020,” he said.

2 of 5 pages

Ministry of Religion Urges Umrah Organizers to Prioritize Congregations Fail to Leave

Director of Bina Umrah and Special Hajj of the Ministry of Religion, Arfi Hatim, called on Umrah organizers to prioritize pilgrims failing to leave when Saudi Arabia reopened access to the worship.As is known last week the Saudi kingdom has temporarily suspended all umrah activities both for its citizens and migrants. Access to the Grand Mosque is also limited only during the five-time prayer service.”If the choice is to reschedule, of course yesterday’s delayed departure will be a priority, and pilgrims will not be asked for additional costs,” Arfi said, quoted by the Ministry of Religion.

Hajj & Umrah Registration Application
Ministry Religion Temporarily Closes Hajj & Umrah Registration Application

Arfi said his ministry encouraged the Umrah travel agency to reschedule the departure of pilgrims despite the option of a refund . This, he said, had already been discussed between the Ministry of Religion and airline representatives as well as the organizers of the Umrah pilgrimage organization.”We encourage PPIU to conduct a rescheduling process, so that the refund process for visas will only be as per Saudi policy,” he said.According to Arfi, the Umrah fee consists of several components outside the visa which should not all be returned. The components include air and land transportation, accommodation, consumption, rituals, and equipment.

“This is a condition of force majeure that is not wanted by all so that all parties have empathy, there are policies issued,” explained Arfi.In addition, the organizers of Umrah were also asked not to accept the registration of prospective pilgrims first. This applies until there is certainty of departure from Saudi.The suspension of accepting pilgrims by the Saudi pilgrims made many prospective pilgrims fail to leave. While the organizer must reschedule the departure of the pilgrims.

3 of 5 pages

Consul Hajj Indonesian Consulate Tepis Kabar Umroh Stop One Year

Consul Hajj of the Consulate General in Jeddah, Endang Jumali clarified the news of the postponement of the pilgrimage issued by Saudi Arabia throughout 2020. Endang said that until now he had not received official information regarding this matter.Even so, Endang has coordinated with the Director of Saudi Umrah Travel Affairs Abdurrahman Al Segaf and confirmed, the news was not true.”KUH (Office of Hajj Affairs) Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah has coordinated with Abdurrahman Al Segaf. He said that information about the one-year closure of Umrah in 2020 was not true, “Endang said, reported by the Ministry of Religion, Thursday, March 5, 2020.

“Likewise related to the implementation of the pilgrimage this year. Preparations continue. Until now there has been no decision related to the cancellation of the pilgrimage from Saudi, “he said.Hajj Technical Staff Assistant (STH) I KUH KJRI Jeddah Amin Handoyo revealed the same thing. He claimed to have made confirmation to the Saudi Arabian Hajj and Umrah call center at +966920002814.“I confirmed to the call center and there was an explanation, the news of the 1 year delay was not true,” he said.The correct announcement, he said, was that the suspension was temporary to the extent of what would be announced later.”The progress can be monitored through the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah Twitter,” Amin said.

4 of 5 pages

Saudi stops the Umrah activities at the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque

Saudi Arabia finally decided to temporarily stop the activities of the Umrah in the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque. All worshipers who carry out the pilgrimage are not permitted to enter the Islamic shrine.The Saudi Interior Ministry Spokesperson announced the decision on Wednesday local time and is valid throughout the year. The Umrah ban is not only aimed at pilgrims from abroad but also Saudis themselves.

This decision was made following the announcement of a positive case of corona infection in Arabia by the Ministry of Health on Wednesday afternoon local time, the official Saudi Press Agency reported .It was said the patient had just arrived from Iran through the Bahrain region and did not report to officers at the Saudi port. The patient entered Saudi along with one patient who had previously tested positive for corona.

5 of 5 pages

Umrah implementation suspended

The Saudi Interior Ministry said the aim of the ban was to prevent the spread of corona virus infection. All Umrah activities are suspended until a specified time.Meanwhile, Saudi Deputy Hajj Minister Abdulfattah Mashat said pilgrims, both Saudis and foreigners, could still visit Mecca and Medina. But, it is only for prayer and not for worship.”Mecca remains open to visitors from all over the Kingdom, the decision to postpone only applies to Umrah activities,” Abdulfattah said.

Previously, the Saudis decided to temporarily stop the reception of pilgrims and visitors from abroad. Also delay the issuance of a visitor visa so that no one can enter the area.The temporary closure of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque has had a major impact, especially on the Saudi economy. Considering the pilgrimage gives a very large contribution to Saudi income that has been steady leaving oil as the biggest source of income.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *